Group Company Accountant – Media
HNH Human Capital is proud to be working with a leading Multi-Media Agency in recruiting for a Group Company Accountant.
Reporting to the Managing Director, this is an exceptional role for a Qualified Accountant to join this creative environment and add value to this leading business.
It is a great environment to work in and you will be managing an experienced team of Finance Professionals.
This role will ideally suit an individual who is experienced in Cash flowed Management and previous experience of invoice-discounting is an advantage.
Who are you?
You are a qualified and experienced accountant with at least 3 years post-qualification experience, commercially astute, articulate, and technically strong.
You have exceptional communication skills at all levels, combined with strong IT skills – always being ahead of new technologies as regards your department.
You possess the ability to calmly handle high levels of pressure and critical decision-making, yet you are energetic, highly motivated, with an inquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
The Company Accountant will be expected to perform the following tasks:
- Form a close working relationship with the Managing / Deputy Managing Director, the Board of Directors and Senior Staff in both companies.
- Take overall control of the company’s accounting
- Maximize the performance and efficiency of the invoice discounting scheme.
- Ensure that company financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth.
- Lead and develop finance & accounting staff and provide training opportunities to others are
- Liaise with the main accounts team and ensure that they have the relevant records to enable them to process transactions in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Manage cash flow in conjunction with the Operations Director on a daily basis.
- Ensure that Work In Progress is reviewed regularly and Sales invoices are raised in a timely fashion
- Ensure by a regular review that debts are collected as they fall due.
- Manage payments to Supplier within the agreed
- Provide analysis of Income and expenditure figures as required
- Assist the Managing and Operations Directors in the preparation of Forecasts.
- Ensure that ‘jobs’ set up in the company accounting system reflect the accurate financial
- Prepare monthly management accounts and assist in the preparation of annual statutory figures for audit.
- Assist company staff with finance-related matters as they pertain to the company.
- Provide such reports and information on a day to day basis as may be required by Board.
- 3+ years PQ experience in practice or as a Company Accountant in an
- Worked with and/or managed an accounts team, and have
- Experience in preparing statutory accounts, meet statutory reporting requirements and maintain excellent working relationships with the external
- Highly organized with the ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Good reporting and presentational skills and are happy presenting financial information to senior board directors in a meaningful and concise manner
- Excellent spreadsheet skills and have the facility to understand and utilize differing accounting software packages
- Evidence of successfully managing an organization’s invoice discounting banking facilities.
- Ensure accurate completion of returns (both UK and ROI) and ensure compliance
- Experience in successful payroll execution.
- Self-motivation and ability to take on responsibility where a financial impact is
- Advanced proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel.
- Working on non-UK based financial entities and have experience of working with different currency
- Knowledge of UK and ROI payroll is
- Experience in R&D Tax Credit Processes
This is an urgent requirement so contact Sinead Walsh on 028 90316946 or apply via the link.