Belfast / Lisburn
Circa £30,000 plus company benefits
Your new Company
HNH Human Capital are recruiting a Quality Manager to join a dynamic and ambitious Northern Ireland manufacturing company based in Belfast /Lisburn area. The company specialise in products designed for the residential construction sector in the UK and Ireland, as well as export markets in Mainland Europe. It is an exciting time within the company as it continues to invest in its product range and talent to meet the needs of new market opportunities.
Your new role as Quality Manager
Reporting to the Operations Director you will provide Quality management support to the core manufacturing functions and on site installation teams. You will also be given responsibility for the setup and maintenance of quality procedures for new products along with identifying and implementing improvements to our existing quality inspection systems. Previous experience with specification products would be desirable.
The Quality Manager will have some Key duties and responsibilities as part of the role to include:
- Understanding customer needs and requirements to develop effective quality control processes in a specification lead manufacturing process.
- Devising and reviewing specifications for raw material or factored products or processes.
- Setting requirements for raw material from suppliers and monitoring their compliance, ensuring that our products and services meet all necessary specification.
- Oversee the inspection of final product to make sure it has been built with compliance to legal standards and meets customer expectations.
- You must fully understand the requirements for the product or service and have a sense of responsibility towards our potential and existing customers.
- Support the Sales team and other departments on the Quality aspects of the products. Supervise inspectors, technicians and other staff and provide guidance and feedback
- Setup or improve quality inspection procedures for new and existing products.
- Create reports and resolve quality issues with our suppliers as they arise.
- Maintain our Integrated 9001 & 14001 management System.
- Ensure adherence to health and safety guidelines as well as legal obligations. Seek opportunities for improvement and develop new efficient procedures
- Inspect final output and compare properties to requirements/technical drawings, providing guidance on acceptable quality standards.
- Maintain accurate documentation and perform statistical analysis when necessary.
- Solicit feedback from customers to assess whether their requirements have been met.
- Occasional travel to suppliers and other company sites when required.
We would expect our Quality Managers to have:
- BSc/ Ba in business administration or relevant field
- Previous experience in maintaining an ISO quality and environmental system.
- Good understanding of electrical components, wiring diagrams, etc.
- Excellent math abilities and working knowledge of data analysis/statistical methods
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- A keen eye for detail with a results driven approach
- Outstanding communication skills
- Conscientious and responsible
- Proficient in MS Office
We will reward our Quality Manger with:
- Starting salary circa £25K – £30K, dependant on experience.
- 30 days annual leave including stats (pro-rata).
- Pension match up to 3% of salary.
- 37.5hrs per week. 8.30-5 Mon to Thurs., 8.30 – 2.30 Fri.
- Good career progression alongside company growth
- Based in Lisburn
Information on who to contact
If you have the relevant experience level and are ready to take on a new role, please forward your CV to our Senior Consultant Fionntán Gamble, fionntan @ hnhhumancapital.com or call for a confidential discussion on 02890 316 948.